Monday 30 July 2012

[wanabidii] Re: [uchunguzionline] Wedding Committee!

Phew.! Its about time brides and bridesgroom learned how people feel.
Weddings should be a family and close friends thing and if you cannot afford,
 hi.......''just come we stay."
 


 
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Evans MACHERA <evansmachera@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

(Copied to share).

I Refuse To Be Part Of Your Wedding Committee

Wednesday, 01 February 2012 14:19

Dear person about to marry, I refuse to be part of your wedding committee
I got your invitation card to the committee. I see you quoted an amount that I am expected to contribute. I must say that I feel honoured that you remember me. It has been years since the last time we spoke. I remember we used to be in the same school, and we recently befriended each other on Facebook.
However, friend, I must say that this came as a surprise to me. You see, I am unable to afford a wife myself. I have been planning to get a lady and head to the A.G chambers. I hear it will cost me very little money.
I see that your wife is trying to keep up with the Kardashians. It is a dream wedding that she wants. If you are able to afford that, my friend, it will be a very good thing to do. But, kindly do not tie me to financial obligations when mine are choking me. The current economic times have put a rope around everyone's neck. I cannot afford 10,000/- as contribution towards your wedding.
I am willing, more than willing to be a service provider- to oversee pitching of tents, directing guests to the sitting places, showing them the little rooms, collecting gifts. I am willing to attend the committee to pray for your marriage. I am willing to attend your wedding. I am willing to do all this. Friends need friends. But friends don't exploit friends.
I saw a facebook group you had created earlier as well- something about a goat eating party in preparation for ruracio (pre-wedding). You will forgive me, because the first thing I thought was: what a money collecting idea!
I could push myself and bring you a gift on your wedding day. It is a noble thing to do. However, I will not buy you a wife, help you wed her in an expensive ceremony, then stock your house. I often tell people to live within their means. I know you will thank me someday.
If you cannot afford your wife's dream wedding, and you give it to her still, what happens when she is about to deliver, and she needs a dream delivery at the Aga Khan? Will you call us for an emergency 'my-wife-is-delivering' committee? When the kid wants to go to school and has to go to Cianda School, will you call us in as well? The world has needier people, and more deserving causes!
All I am saying is a wedding, a luxurious one in this case is not for you if you cannot afford three quarter of the money required. If I were a bad person, I would have told you not to ask me to help you marry because I am gonna sleep with her. But see, I explained myself as politely as I could. Do not put me in that damn wedding committee.
Yours,
Speaking above.

--
Karibu Jukwaa la www.mwanabidii.com
Pata nafasi mpya za Kazi www.kazibongo.blogspot.com
Blogu ya Habari na Picha www.patahabari.blogspot.com
 
Kujiondoa Tuma Email kwenda
wanabidii+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com Utapata Email ya kudhibitisha ukishatuma
 
Disclaimer:
Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment