Monday 14 January 2013

[wanabidii] Eye treatment

Hello,

Hope you are well, I wish to thank you all for your helping hand in the Kawangware Home visit, it was a success. I thank Evans Machera, who partnered with me to visit the home. We all contributed to the visit and may God bless us.

Unfortunately, I have been suffering from a rare progressive condition called keratoconus for the last 8 yrs. Keratoconus is a congenital disease of the cornea that causes changes within the structure of the cornea making it to weaken and thin resulting in a 'cone shaped' forward bulge.As the keratoconus progresses, it leads to myopia (short sight) and, if the steepening of the cornea is uneven, also astigmatism (distortion of vision). This poorly understood condition has really affected me and blindness is almost beckoning.

My vision has become very low, to a level where i can only see only a metre (1m) ahead. Perfoming my day to day chores is hampered. Walking has become a nightmare, the sun causes a burning senasation and cannot walk at night as i can't see at all. Operating a computer is also a hinderance as the light too affetcs my eyes. My eyes are also very itchy resulting to swelling of the eyes. Due to all this effects, i get regular migranes and it's becoming really tough for me.

There is no cure for this condition and thus been using contact lenses for the last 8 yrs for optical improvement. However, the condition has progressed to level where vision is poor and surgery (Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking Treatment) is the only way left to correct this condition. We've managed to contact Little Flower Hospital in India where the surgery can be done. Website:
www.lfhospital.org.

I've calculated the total cost required to cater for my medical and travel expenses in India and is Ksh 584,800/= or USD 6744. I hereby appeal to you to help me raise this amount. Doctors advice that I get the surgery done soon as possible because my sight is on the verge of dying.

I've attached a draft that exponds more on my condition and has the budget breakdown.

Looking forward to your help as I strive to save my sight.

Stay well,

Morris G Njau
0720 103 462
www.guura.com

--
Jobs in Africa - www.wejobs.blogspot.com
International Jobs - www.jobsunited.blogspot.com
 
Kujiondoa Tuma Email kwenda
wanabidii+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com Utapata Email ya kudhibitisha ukishatuma
 
Disclaimer:
Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment