Tuesday 11 September 2012

Re: [wanabidii] Have you ever been victim of racism ?

I was in Europe (Alicante, Spain), waiting for a bus along with two African women dressed in their beautiful costumes.
They probably went to a party.
When we ascended (I let them ascend before), I heard a lot of laughter from the passengers. As I sat down (against African women), I understood that a Spanish was humiliating the women, ridiculing their dress and their origin ...
Although I was accompanied by a couple of friends, I was running to the offender's place ... screaming, I asked him if he could not remember when the Spanish traveled to South America to escape hunger? Fleeing war ... full of lice ... I reminded him that my small country gave them food, medicine, work ... a home to live in peace ...
There was a stir in the bus ... my friends reminded me that I was a foreigner, and you could have problems ....

But all were silent bus passengers. Nobody was offended by what I said ... offender and the clown looked down and stopped talking nonsense ...
When I returned to my place, both women smiled at me ... until today, I do not know if they could speak Spanish, if they understood exactly what happened ... But I'm sure they knew that what happened was related to them ...
Brothers ... we should not be passive with racists ...
Lower our eyes to a racist act is complicity!

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Pauline Mengi <paulinemengi@gmail.com> wrote:
Have you ever been victim of racism....share your history/how it happpened and how you reacted 
Personally i haven't yet faced this issue though some "white/pink" often change the side of the road in the night when i'm walking. some of them stand up or leave their seat when i enter in the Bus or the metro....i don't want to be paronaic and i have to admit that i started to like it so i put my bag on one seat and i use the other ..maybe it's not racism but so far it's only what i faced... i noticed also that Ba bus driver tend to be mean with africans esp when you don't have the change ...the last biotch took my 5$ ...because i didn't have 15cents lmao  ...anyway i will be glad to read you and know how you reacted.....

--
Karibu Jukwaa la www.mwanabidii.com
Pata nafasi mpya za Kazi www.kazibongo.blogspot.com
Blogu ya Habari na Picha www.patahabari.blogspot.com
 
Kujiondoa Tuma Email kwenda
wanabidii+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com Utapata Email ya kudhibitisha ukishatuma
 
Disclaimer:
Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
 
 

--
Karibu Jukwaa la www.mwanabidii.com
Pata nafasi mpya za Kazi www.kazibongo.blogspot.com
Blogu ya Habari na Picha www.patahabari.blogspot.com
 
Kujiondoa Tuma Email kwenda
wanabidii+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com Utapata Email ya kudhibitisha ukishatuma
 
Disclaimer:
Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment