Friday 4 October 2013

[wanabidii] English Pronunciation and Grammar

I continue coming back to you with good news. I'm no longer hearing any mispronunciation on the part of KTN News reporters. I honestly believe that my message reached them. They are now practicing the news scripts before airtime. That's great. I therefore have nothing to report from there.

I must say that the Linda Ogutu and Ben Kitili team has been the most impressive. Hongera kwao; I'm proud of them.

But in the news reports, some people being interviewed made some mistakes that I would like to highlight here just to clarify things.

Someone being interviewed said Humbleness  !!!!!
There's no such a word as Humbleness in English.
The correct word is  HUMILITY.

Another one said Vindictiveness
There's no such a word in English.
The correct word is VENGEANCE

On the pronunciation front, I have:
 
DUE 
Someone said D-I-U.  This is not a sin, just a bit wrong
The correct way is D-U-U
You say D-U-U  D-I-L-I-J-E-NZ   for Due Diligence

RUBBLE ---  The remains of a destroyed structure e.g. Westgate Mall
A field reporter said R-A-B-L   This is wrong.
The correct way is  R-U-B-L

I have this helps.

Courage







--
Send Emails to wanabidii@googlegroups.com
 
Kujiondoa Tuma Email kwenda
wanabidii+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com Utapata Email ya kudhibitisha ukishatuma
 
Disclaimer:
Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Wanabidii" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wanabidii+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment